Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Whose got Talent?!

Isn't it annoying when you come to ones blog and from the get-go, there is a major "Mommy Brag". So I will apologize in advance, but this is much bigger than just a brag.

Let me digress for a second and say that I was majorly stressing yesterday over the costs of college. Now I know my boys are still pretty young, but there was this obscene website that basically said that you will need about 700 grand to send a few kiddos to college. Sigh! The Bell Boys will never even get to take classes at satellite, online or community college at those astronomical prices. So in thinking about what kind of "trade" my boys could go into, I spotted Luke doing his future occupation.

Now on paper, this isn't going to sound as impressive as it REALLY is, so keep an open mind. Luke was hoola-hooping. See, told ya you wouldn't be impressed. But wait! You see, Luke can hoola hoop while doing ANYTHING. I'm not joking. He can walk and hoola, dance and hoola, eat and hoola. True story, last week (in the snow and ice) our family went walking around the block to get some exercise. Luke hoola-hooped the entire way around the block. People seeing us just gawked--it was quite the site to behold. The only time he let it fall was when he almost slipped on the ice, and once when Nicholas stepped on the back of his foot. Otherwise, he made it while walking the whole way.

But it gets even better. Yesterday, Luke was playing his guitar (the term "playing" is used very loosely) and he picked up the hoola hoop. This is when the epiphany hit me---he can join the circus! Or at the very least, the traveling carnival! And I don't think you have to pay to go to 'Circus School'.

Oh, and I forgot to add that Luke can climb ANYTHING! A light pole, a window frame, anything that is vertical. So I figure, he can climb way up, hoola hoop and sing/play the guitar all at the same time! I mean, who wouldn't pay to see that?

Last night I told him, "Baby, I'm so impressed".

"Why, for my good report card?" (which they got yesterday).

"No, because I've never seen anyone that can hoola hoop as great as you!" I wanted to (but didn't) mention that who cares about good grades--this is what's gonna put the Bell family on the map!

I will add that I am the polar opposite--I cannot for the life of me keep that damn hoola hoop going for more than two seconds. We even have me on video. If I ever get brave enough, I'll post it (but it's very pathetic). I constantly tell Luke "come on, please, teach me how to do it again". I mean, he barely moves and it looks so darn easy and then I look like I am having some sort of convusions or seizure! My parents are better than me, my kids, my husband... I am the very worst! I don't take being in LAST place very easily--second to last I can deal with--but not the very worst! So I will keep practicing and keep seeing what Luke can do at the same time. Maybe balance some bowls on his head while doing the hoola? Maybe juggle knives? Hmmm, I have to figure out what will make him most appealing to the crowds!

Stay tuned!!

Luke doing a "performance". PS--sorry about the streaky windows, the boys Windexed them earlier and I didn't realize what a bad job they did--oops).

No comments:

Post a Comment